Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Growing like a weed........

Ava had her two month checkup yesterday! Steve took the day off so he could join us at the doctor. I was very uneasy about the 2 month shots and didn't want to see my baby in pain, so it was nice to have him there to comfort both Ava and I. I think it was harder on me than it was on her! She ended up only getting half of what we thought she would get. The doctor was uncomfortable putting all that medicine in such a tiny body, so he suggested we only do half the shots and come back in a month for the other half. Turns out Ava was not fazed by her shots because she was very pleasant the rest of the day with minimal tears. :)

Ava is growing like a weed! She weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces and is 20 inches long. Even though her current weight is the average weight of a newborn it is almost double her birth weight which we were ecstatic about. The doctor said she is not quite caught up in size to the average 2 month old, but she is growing so quickly he is confident she will be caught up by one year of age. As far as developmental milestones, she will also reach these at her own pace. She is doing more than a 2 week old (her adjusted age), but less than a 2 month old. The older she gets the smaller that gap will become and eventually her adjusted age and actual age will match up. She is cooing, holding her head up for a short time, and rolls to her side (twice all the way to her stomach), but has not been socially smiling, focusing, or tracking yet. With that said, just this morning I was holding her and talking to her like I do every morning and she looked right at me and gave me the biggest smile I have ever seen. It was as if she was saying, "Don't worry mommy I will be just fine." I was so excited I grabbed the camera and tried to get her to do it again, but of course it was a one time deal. Hopefully I will catch that beautiful smile on camera next time so I can share it with everyone! :)

My big girl trying out her bumbo seat.

She loves the swing. She even likes it when she is awake, but usually it puts her to sleep. 


Ava meets baby Asher (aka - her future husband). My good friend just had a baby boy on March 16th and we went to go see them after they got home from the hospital. Such a cute baby boy!! Both babies are not very happy in this picture...probably because I was holding Asher and my friend was holding Ava. They both wanted their mommies. :)

Budha baby. Steve was holding Ava and she looked so funny all wrapped I just had to take a picture.

Making funny faces. Something she loves to do these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment