Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Changing by the minute

It was almost 2 months ago when I wrote the post with her 2 year update (just never published it) and she has changed so much even since then. Her language is what surprises us every day. She is soaking up every word you say and uses phrases I say often, which means we have to REALLY be careful what we say! Most people know that I am not very patient in the car and although I have gotten a lot better since having my side kick with me, I still have to express my frustration in a kid friendly way. Sometimes I will tell a car to, "move it," or "pay attention" and she now randomly yells that from the backseat of the car. I guess I am passing on the "Carpenter" road rage to her.


At her 2 year check up the doctor was a little concerned about her gross motor development so we had her tested to see if she could benefit from physical therapy. She just barely qualified, but we are thankful she did, so they can help her get stronger! By law they had to test her language and gross motor. It was neat to see the results and where she compares to the average child her age. Her language development was a few months ahead for her age and her gross motor was on average about 4 months behind where it should be.  We met with our PT last week for the first time and Ava loved her! She gave us some homework (activities) to work on until we see her next week. Anytime we practice something she taught us, Ava will say, "Joelene (PT's name) is going to be so proud of me." I know she picked that up from me saying it to her a few times, but it cracks me up that she started doing it on her own. Her two main areas where she needs to get stronger are her trunk and calf muscles. I can already see improvement with just one week of therapy. She is one determined little girl!

Now that we've finally come out of our sick/first trimester hibernation, here are some pictures from what we've been up to this past month.

She is VERY excited to be a big sister! 

Day at the aquarium with Mimi and Papa

Family movie day….we were all sick. :( 
Trip to the mall, she was excited to be out of the house and doing something! 

Princess Ava

Cheering on the runners at the LA marathon with Claire. 

Modeling her Hawaii gear from Mimi and Papa

So happy to be back at daycare. RSV really knocked her out and we had to keep her home from daycare for a week. She was so happy to be back and see her friends.







No comments:

Post a Comment