Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, May 5, 2014

Potty Training Adventures

In March we decided to tackle potty training. The plan has always been to do it this summer when I was home with Ava, but she started to express interest in it so we gave it a shot. We picked a weekend where Steve had class and we didn't have much going on so we could stay at home and hang out. She did really well with only a few accidents the whole weekend. She continued to make progress in the weeks to come with little to no accidents each day. I was beginning to think we were out of the woods and well on our way to saying goodbye to diapers, but oh did she prove me wrong.  I'm still not sure if it was the traveling or all the changes happening with the sale of our house and packing for our move, but she definitely regressed. Just as I was about to give up and put her back in diapers she started to get back to her old self and I think (hope, pray) we are back on the right track. I know that with our move coming up and the baby coming there will probably be more regressions, but for now I can say that she is potty trained. We still do diapers at night, as I will not stop that until she starts showing signs she is ready. I know many books tell you it is all or nothing, but with us that just isn't the case. The funny thing about the "experts" who write all these baby books is that none of them have figured out that it is not an exact science. You do what works for you and your child not what you are "suppose" to do!

This is how we spent most of the weekend. For some reason being naked made it easier for her to know when she needed to go. 


We were both going stir crazy from being cooped up all weekend so we went to the beach. I figured this was a good place to test out the potty training since an accident isn't so bad when you're in your swimsuit. She did great for the whole trip until the drive home. I should've had her use the bathroom before we left to go home, but with minimal bathrooms around I decided to test my luck. I learned my lesson and also learned how hard it is to clean pee out of the carseat. 


Lucky Auntie Beth came out during our potty training adventures and got to experience every public restroom in the LA area. Thankfully she was there when Ava chose to pee all over the Lulu Lemon dressing room. 
Beach baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment