Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, June 20, 2014

Baby Scifres Update

Since Ava's early birth was so spontaneous with no warning signs it has been difficult not to worry that the same will happen this time around. I have been taking p17 (Progesterone) shots since 19 weeks and will continue them weekly until 37 weeks. They are suppose to help women avoid preterm labor. I know many people who have had a successful full term birth with these shots, but also know women who have not. I am trying to take it easy (as much as I can) and listen to my body. With all the stresses of the last week of school I was starting to have a lot of braxton hicks contractions. I know these are normal, but my doctor advised me not to ignore anything since we still don't know why my water broke with Ava. After talking to the nurse at the doctor's office I was advised to go labor and delivery to get monitored. My contractions were not strong enough to be picked up on the monitor so they were not too concerned. I was told to take it easy and come back if they got more intense. Luckily things calmed down and the following week when I saw my doctor for my regular check up everything looked good and there were no signs of baby coming anytime soon. At this point she wants me taking it easy as much as I can with a 2 year old at home. The hardest thing for Ava has been understanding that I cannot hold her all the time. The hardest thing for me has been learning how to take it easy!

The next month will be a bit tough for me as we approach the time I delivered Ava. I want more than anything to hold this baby in longer, but I also know that some things are out of my control. We are doing everything we can to keep this baby in longer, but ultimately it is not up to me. There were no warning signs with Ava and there may not be this time either. I am trying to prepare myself for whatever is thrown our way. Just have to keep praying for a healthy, full term delivery!

Hanging out at labor and delivery. I will say, once I knew baby was ok and I was not in labor it was a very relaxing 2 hours! I may have to make a few more visits before this baby comes. :) Just kidding. 
24 weeks!

25 weeks

28 1/2 weeks!! Bump is definitely getting bigger by the week

No comments:

Post a Comment