Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, December 30, 2012

11 months........

I have not planned anything for Ava's first birthday and I know it will be here in the blink of an eye. I am putting it off for two reasons......one, this is a crazy time of year with Christmas and New Years and I just haven't had a ton of time to do anything. Two, I get a little sad when I think about the fact that she is going to be one and a part of me knows that if I start planning her party it will actually happen! I know that sounds silly and growing up is a part of life, but geez why did the first year have to go sooooo fast?

Here is what my beautiful, spunky, and talkative little girl has been up to in her 11th month of life.

- Still LOVES music and dances any chance she gets.

- Talking a ton (of course)! mama, dada, yaya, rara, screams, and some new babbling that sounds like talking, except only syllables are still coming out. Occasionally we will get a closed syllable out of her and she will say, dad or dud.

- At her last doctor's appointment on December 14th (a few days before she was 11 months) she weighed 17 pounds, 6 ounces and was 29 inches tall. She didn't gain as much weight as I would have liked, but the doctor said she is still in a normal weight range for her age. 25th percentile for weight, 50th percentile for height, and 90th percentile for head. That head is still growing rapidly!

- She is standing up on everything! Doesn't like to do much cruising yet.

- Plays "peek-a-boo" with anything she can cover her face with. She also likes to hide behind the curtains or door for a more advanced game of "peek-a-boo."

- She is still nursing 5 - 6 times a day. I plan to start weaning her when she turns one.

- Eats 3 meals a day and one dairy snack in the afternoon.

- Loves finger foods and her sippy cup!

- She has been attached to mommy these days. When I get home from work I have about a 30 second window to pick her up before she starts to lose it!

- She gives kisses now and they are the most precious thing on the planet. She will lean over to you with an open mouth and give you a nice slobbery kiss. <3

- At 11 months she has 6 teeth! 4 are fully in and 2 have just started coming in. 4 on the top 2 on the bottom. Crazy, how quickly those suckers make their way in!

Here are some pictures from her 11 month photo shoot......

"Mom I hate these monthly photo sessions!"

"I don't want to sit next to my bear....I want to play with it!"

"You  better stop taking pictures right now or else......"

And this is the or else.........

"Mom, there is no way your going to get me to lay next to that sophie doll!"

Checking out that baby camera. It amazes her! 

So funny! Look at those top teeth. 








No comments:

Post a Comment